Audrey had the most amazing day. She enjoyed it so much. Audrey was like a little sponge just soaking every little thing in. Thank you to all of you who shared this special day with us. Here are some of the days highlights. Just getting her ready and sharing her excitement was one of my favorites. She just kept clapping her hands and scrunching up her shoulders and kept saying "Mom I can't believe this is finally happening"
Her program was really neat. Her Uncle James spoke on Baptism and he did great! He came down and invited all the primary kids up and spoke right to them. Audrey loved it so much. He even told a little bit of her dress story (that story is to come)
Then her and her cousins sang "When I am Baptised" my very favorite song (we missed you Bissendens). Her Aunt Kristen (Kiki) spoke on the Holy Ghost, and she had Audrey come up and help her with her talk. She did such a great job. She started out with a story about red heads and how special they are and it totally describe Audrey! Later that night when I was tucking her into bed and we were talking about the day she said "Mom remember when Kiki had me come up when she was talking, when she handed me my pink blanket and told me that that is like the Holy Ghost comforting me, my eyes got really watery and one drop came out." I loved it, she has such a tender heart.
She was nervous to get baptised....only that her dress and hair might not stay down, but it all went well and Brad did an amazing job. He is such a good daddy and took such good care of her!
When we went out to the car to go home to have lunch with the family it started to snow and Audrey and I were holding hands running carefully to the car and she looked up at me and said "Mom even though it is cold out here...I am SO warm inside."
Thats our sweet Audg...warm and special inside and out!
These pics were really fun to take...Thank you Nicole for your expertise with my camera and editing. I loved taking these pics of Audrey, the two of us had fun doing them....until the last shot and then I carried her to the car and slipped and fell and dropped her into a mud puddle. Yes I was trying to carry her to keep her clean, so instead of her just walking I thought I would help out and carry her and then fall and drop her and then pretty much land on top of her and then smack her head with the camera! Gotta love it....but uncle James said that Baptism is just like when you get mud on your dress and then it to can become clean again....just like Audrey.





4 comments:
beautiful pictures! she looks gorgeous!
So sad we missed it, heard it was awesome. Congratulations Audrey, we are so proud of you and love you so much!!
Cute pictures!! You did great!
I love your dress Audge. I am sorry I had to miss it but can't wait to see you this summer at the family reunion. Bear Lake here we come.
~Kaity Bissenden
Post a Comment