Can you say IndePendeNt or irResPOnsiBle! I can't quite figure out which one. So here is the story...Olivia and her friend Elli are on one of their marathon play dates and Elli's mom calls to see if they want to come to their house for a while...so I let them know that they will be going to go play at Elli's house for a while...so to go get their jackets and shoes on. Meanwhile the prego sickness sets in (which by the way-shouldn't it be gone by now)...so I run to the bathroom have my prego moment...brush my teeth...and then listen to the silence...silence there shouldn't be silence...where are liv and elli. Then the cool breeze comes...from where i think...oh from the garage door that is open. I totally think "oh my gosh those two little independant chicks have started walking to elli's...no they wouldn't do that". So I yell to Sydney who is outside with a friend and they have not seen the girls...so of course you know me the panic sets in. Running through the house, looking in every closet, hiding spot, room etc....no girls to be found...so outside I go running around the yard..then I hear the phone ring and sure enough I hear..."the girls are here" Me totally out of breath (maybe I need to run a little more) try tell elli's mom about the little drama...to no suprise elli's mom is composed (i really need to be more like her) we laugh a little knowing that they are ok...give our little lectures to the girls and their response is...we watched for cars mom...and my thoughts were...oh if cars were only the least of my worries (sad little world we live in huh) I totally remember walking to my friends over a mile away with no worries at all..not even from my mom (granted i wasn't 3 years old)
So pretty much my question is this...is liv so dang independent or is her old sick prego mom so irresponsible...maybe a little of both!
ps. thanks stacie for understanding (well we will see if you call for any more marathon play dates at our house :)
and thanks janeal for the photo...i am in need for some more...just set the price and i will be your first customer




3 comments:
are you kidding me? not the story the picture! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Livy thinks she is 20yrs. Oh but I am loving the picture!
Can't live with 'em, can't live with out 'em!! Don't you just hate when they make your heart race and have no idea why you were so distraught? Glad there was a happy ending to the story!! Sorry to hear you are still sick!
Kristen told me I had to check out that cute picture! So dang, stinkin cute! I love to hear all your Livie stories. What the heck! She is so funny.
Post a Comment