Wednesday, November 26, 2008

LOVE this time of year

I don't what it is about this time of year, but I get so excited inside and then I feel all warm and teary when I think of the past year and then I start going crazy with cleaning and dusting so all the decorations can come out and then start stressing a little bit and then I just get so happy and start planning all of our to do's.

Thanksgiving is my favorite and not because it is my birthday time of year, but it is just all around great holiday. Food, Hanging out with family, making crafts, playing, cleaning...all of that is my favorite.

I have been challenged to the 27 things that I am grateful for (due to Thanksgiving being on the 27th) The hitch is you get your favorite top seven and then the next twenty things have to be the small things that we take for granted: here goes (its long so feel free to stay tuned in, but if you don't it is alright)

1: My religion: grateful for all that I have been taught and for my knowledge of my Savior and Heavenly Father.

2: My most amazing husband: He just keeps getting better and better (He is almost perfect now)

I am grateful for all of our memories together and our understanding and love for each other.

3: My girls: I love love love being a mother to 3 really good little girls. They are my life and I am so blessed to have the relationship that I have with each of them.

4: Our Health: We are all so blessed with such healthy bodies...That is a huge blessing and I do have to say thanks to voodo for all the vitamins :)

5: Our Safety: This is what I pray for everyday, yes I admit that I am a little perinoid (sp?) but I am grateful each night when we are all home safe and sound.

6: Family: I have been blessed with a wonderful family and a wonderful family that I married into. The support and love and fun times are endless and I love it.

7: Freedom: to live and worship and act each day and go places and see things and experience life with freedom and options.

Okay now for the 20 small things:

1: Books: I love to read and escape into another world for a little bit (even if there are vampires there)

2: Heater blankets: Thanks Brad I didn't know how yummy a warm bed is

3: My home: I love it and am grateful for its safety, comfort and my white kitchen :)

4: Texas Roadhouse: love the twofers and also that they made me mount a saddle last night while they all wished me a happy birthday with a big old YEE HAA. (all for a small scoop of icecream)

5: Hugs: I love hugs...it is amazing what they can do for you

6: Journals: They hold the best insights and memories and it is a fun place to let it all out..good and bad.

7: telephones: love all the long chats with those I love

8: Giggles: there is nothing like having or hearing full belly giggles

9: Morning girls: The sleepy faces and the snuggles that come in the morning are so yummy

10: Cameras: I wish that I could use my better but I am grateful for all that it captures

11: Fireplaces: I love the coziness of a fire and all the snuggles that come with it

12: good friends: love all you gals

13: toothbrush: there is nothing better than a fresh yummy clean feeling

14: Laptops: ok computers in general...oh all the fun things you can do

15: Cabin: oh how could I forget...this place is a slice of heaven on earth

16: My eyes: All that I see each day..I couldn't imagine not being able to see all that I do each day

17: Eyedrops: they made my girls all better...thanks Dr. Evans

18: Cocoamotion: YUM

19: Music: all kinds (I am so affected by music, it can change my mood really quick...for the better of course)

20: Thanksgiving: love it so completly (thanksgiving day and last sunday..thanks mcdougals)

Enjoy this holiday season and it is fun to stop and think of all that we have.

I send this challenge to all my sisters that blog (includes you Missy, Kristen, and Christi), Nicole, JaNeal, Stacie. HAPPY THANKSGIVING

2 comments:

Tebbs Times said...

Great list!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday and Thanksgiving! Enjoyed your list....and echo it! Sure love ya!