Thursday, October 25, 2007

Science Fair Project Augh.....

So it finally happened the dreaded science project paper was sent home. I took one look at it and just handed it over to Brad. "When is it due", he says, "In 3 weeks", Syd says. Oh that is plenty of time...not to worry. Well time does go by fast...on the way to school Friday Syd says "oh yeah mom, my science project is due Monday." Well I start to think about our weekend and I think, well maybe after the two soccer games, or before we go to the tile store or home depot or before Brad needs to lay all the tile, finish the base, headers, fireplace, lay the pipe before the concrete comes or make all of his church calls, then maybe just maybe he might have time to help Sydney. So I realize that yes I do need to get over my phobia of science projects and quick!!! We hit the internet so I can re-educate myself on the solar system, we need to find out size, color, how many planets there are etc. (btw pluto is no longer considered a planet). With list in hand we head to Michaels...I just have to say that having a 2 year old in Michaels is one of the greatest experiences a mother could have. Paint--we need paint...yellow, brown, red-the list goes on. Well while my creative juices are flowing and I am thinking of all the colors we need and what mixes with what to make different colors (yes they are only 69 cents, but hey save money when you can huh), so deep in thought, I fail to see Livvy in action..I hear "Look mommy..Me helping. Not only do we have red, brown and green, we have 12 blues, 16 yellows, every paint brush this store owns and much much more. I am so glad I have helpers. So with a smile on my face I say "Wow, what a helper" and then leave and find a new cart. Just kidding we put it all away, and strapped that little miss into the front of the cart. Next on the list-styrofoam balls, so I asked the lady where we could find these..she thinks for a min. and then takes me on a 10 min tour of the store, while answering everyone eleses questions on the way (she was new), so yeah we finally made it to the styrofoam isle and I smell a horrible odor and then hear Livvy say "Mommy I pooped, my bum bum pooped!!" Oh this is so much fun, I LOVE SCIENCE PROJECTS! Well just so you all know they don't sell separate styrofoam balls, no they come in packages of 6-9 for 5.00 each. Well there are 9 planets..are you kidding me. So I decide to maybe just buy a package of the big ones and then we can widdel them down to the correct size, OH MY GOSH!!! So out of desperation with stinky child in tow, off I go to ask another worker if maybe they have any idea where I can find separate balls, styrofoam that is. Well this wonderful gal named Sara says "Oh what do you need them for", I then pull out all of my printed out diagrams of the solar system and show her and say "I need them for my first science project...the solar system." Oh she says "we have a solar system kit in the children's craft section, it includes the balls (the correct size), wire and all of the instructions of the planet order and how far they sit from the sun. All of a sudden I heard music and a light shown down on Sarah like she was an angel sent down from heaven. Oh I could have kissed that women. So 1 1/2 hours and $30 later we are ready to conquer the solar system. To end this drama, Sydney and the girls really had so much fun painting and learning and I realized that I can over come my phobia of science. Brad was so proud of me! So all you mothers out there that love science projects as much as me, don't worry Michaels has it all.




Tammy's (oh, and Sydney's) First Science Project. Really Sydney did it all, she would not let me help with any of it. Just a tip for all you science mothers-I did buy one package of 9 small balls to keep the other two occupied, now that was thinkin!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

This post was well worth the wait! I was totally laughing out loud the first time around, then even harder reading out loud to Rob-I pooped, my bum bum pooped- I love two year olds! Hilarious.
PS congrats on your first project

Anonymous said...

What fun to share your crazy thought processes! Your schedule makes me tired. Yeah for solar systems and other systems that work! Your ladies are a treat for the eye and heart.
love, Aunt Taffy