Friday, August 1, 2008

It's a BIRD, It's a PLANE...

No really it's a BIRD. OK here is the story..I am on the phone talking to my darling cousin Melissa and the girls come running in "Theres a bird in the house", well I thought they were kidding because they know how I hate birds (anything smaller than a large dog-I have a hard time with...cats,hamsters etc. pretty much freak me out). So I go into the family room and there it is a bird sitting on my window seal in the dining room. Then you hear "flap flap flap-BANG", it kept trying to fly out the window. So I ask Sydney to get me the broom and I am going to shew it out the door, well she doesn't answer so I look around and all three of them are gone..they have locked themselves in the bathroom. Well I had no idea, but they took the phone in with them and called Brad, so I am out trying the get this bird to fly out and I guess everytime I go for it I am screaming like a crazy women, Sydney then proceeds to bring me the phone this is how the conversation went:
Tammy: Hello Brad: What in the heck is going on Tammy: There is a bird in our house (I am not just talking I am screaming)
Brad: You sound like crazed lunitic(i dont know how to spell it). Well while we are talking I get up onto the arm of the couch with broom in both hands and the phone on my shoulder trying to talk to Brad (the bird has now flown into the family room) So I am trying to get the screen out of the window so it can fly out,and this dang bird is just flappin all over the place, I try to shew it out and the next thing I know it is in my FACE, just flappin all over..yes feathers are batting my cheecks and so yes I FREAK OUT! Then the next thing I know I am falling straight back, I hit the base of my neck on the armrest of the couch behind me and then go straight down onto my back and knock the wind right out of me. But yes I still land with the broom in both hands and the phone on my shoulder. Then I hear: Brad-what just happened, and I try to talk but I just start crying, yes I said that...I started to cry and I sound like a stinkin 4 year old trying to tell her daddy what just happened. So then I hear Brad telling me he is coming home. Well it is a 30 min drive and again Brad comes to my aid no matter what it entails. So Brad leaves work comes home and has Audrey and I hold screens as a block and he tries to shew it out,but it won't go, so he then gets a bucket and the bird pretty much jumps in and out it goes. MY HERO! From beginning to end this all lasted 1 1/2 hours. Brad them cleaned up all the bird poo and saved the day again.
So needless to say Brad is stuck with 4 girly girls who he has to save and put up with on a daily basis. THANKS Brad for loving us anyway.
PS: I chipped a tooth on my great fall, can you believe it...here are the pics

yes it is small, but come on it is a bird..inside my house (this is the second time this has happened to me)


What helpers!!
Audrey was the only one who dared come out and help document this adventure or I should say nightmare. It's ok Syd, I totally understand:>
Yeah He did it!

8 comments:

Frankman's said...

That's an awesome story! Beautiful house by the way :-)

The Teeples Times said...

What a great story! It is a good thing you have Brad. I think I'll always be saved with 3 boys, right? I love your blog, it is darling! Thanks for giving us your address, we'd love to keep in touch.

The Compton Family said...

Tammy, This is hilarious! We had a bird in our house about a year ago, and our cat jumped up and killed it. I guess cats are good for a few things.

Tebbs Times said...

Holy crap that is the freakin funniest thing I have ever heard!! It reminded me of that movie with billy Crystal I forget what is called...honeymoon in Paris or something..the girl that plays his wife gets attacked by a bird on fly paper in her car. She is driving and the bird gets stuck flapping away in her hair...I never laughed so hard. You are a great story teller...way to take one for the team!!

Lindsey said...

How crazy is that! When my sister lived at my moms one night a bat flew in the house with them, so I guess it could have been worse!

Kristen said...

That is definately a fantastic story! It reminds me of the time a bat flew into the house boat. They just started throwing pillows at it to try and knock it out. Then they scooped it with something and took it outside. You're a champ for at least trying to get it out of the house. Might I remind you that your brother-in-law works from home just up the street. Might be worth the phone call next time. Seriously, I was reading to Rob, who was in the kitchen and I was laughing so hard I had to take breaks from reading. Great story!

JeNeal Martinez said...

That is sooooo funny! I wish I could have been there to watch. Your family is so cute.

The Bissenden's: said...

Totally nearly pee'd my pant reading that and you know I'm serious! And btw, Kristen is right. Chris is just up the street, could have saved poor Brad a trip home. Very funny!!!!